Research housing finances, resources and energy assistance information.
- AEON (www.aeonmn.org) Nonprofit developer offers affordable housing for people with very low to moderate incomes.
- Alliance Housing Inc. (www.alliancehousinginc.org/about/mission.html) Develops, owns, and operates affordable housing for poor and homeless people.
- Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin (www.capsh.org) A community action agency working in all of Suburban Hennepin County to improve the lives of low-income people. We offer services to individuals through outreach, energy assistance programs, home ownership services and financial counseling.
- Disability Minnesota (www.mndisability.gov/public) Provides entry point to Minnesota state agency programs, products, and services that are devoted to a range of disability issues.
- Elim Transitional Housing, Inc. (www.elimtransitionalhousing.org) Minnesota based program that offers affordable housing opportunities for individuals, couples, youth, and families.
- Homes & Communities, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (www.hud.gov/local/mn/homeless/shelterslisting.cfm) Provides a list of shelters and emergency housing in Minnesota.
- Home Ownership Preservation Foundation (www.995hope.org) The Foundation provides foreclosure prevention counseling to you, free of charge, in English and 170 other languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at 888-995-HOPE™.
- HomeShare St. Croix (www.homesharestcroix.org) St. Croix River Valley non-profit that helps people in Washington and Ramsey counties in Minnesota and Polk, Pierce and St. Croix counties in Wisconsin find affordable housing and also helps those who need a hand around the house.
- Hope Now (www.hopenow.com) An alliance between counselors, mortgage companies, investors, and other market participants.
- Housing Preservation Project (http://www.hppinc.org/projects) The Project aims to identify viable legal and advocacy strategies which can avert foreclosures and keep homeowners in their homes, and which can stabilize neighborhoods by reducing the blighting effects of widespread foreclosures.
- Legal Services Corporation (www.lsc.gov) Legal Services Corporation located in Minnesota. Provides free or low cost legal advice or representation for low income individuals or families.
- Lutheran Social Service, Financial Counseling Service (www.lssmn.org/debt) Provides credit counseling services and providers of full-service, community-based financial counseling in Minnesota. Lutheran Social Services of MN Foreclosure Prevention Program.
- Making Home Affordable.gov (www.makinghomeaffordable.gov) Provides homeowners with detailed information about these programs along with self-assessment tools and calculators to empower borrowers with the resources they need to determine whether they might be eligible for a modification or a refinance under the Administration's program.
- Metropolitan Council (www.metrocouncil.org/housing/index.htm) The Metropolitan Council is the regional planning agency serving the Twin Cities seven-county metropolitan area and providing essential services to the region.
- minnesota.ACORN.org (www.acorn.org/index.php?id=4338) Community organization of low- and moderate-income families, working together for social justice and stronger communities.
- Minnesota Assessor and Property Tax Record Departments (www.publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Minnesota-Assessor-And-Property-Tax-Records.htm) Statewide information about how to contact your property tax office to discuss partial payment for current and delinquent taxes.
- People Serving People (www.peopleservingpeople.org) Provides emergency housing and community services that assist families experiencing homelessness.